After a long wait, we are returning to the Kirk!
We will be having a short service weekly on a Wednesday 1130-1200, starting next week (23 September) but things will look very different. Bookings will be required and the link will be posted on Facebook and our website ( EVENTBRITE button at the top of the homepage ) from the preceding Wednesday morning. The weekly Sunday service will continue online!
Houston and Killellan Kirk – COVID-19 Rules on Reopening
Phase 3 of Scottish Government Route Map – Places of worship allowed to open for services under physical distancing rules and hygiene safeguards.
1. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CHURCH IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
LOSS OF TASTE or SMELL;
SHORTNESS OF BREATH.
2. Please carefully consider the additional risk to your health and wellbeing if you are within the higher risk categories as defined by current government guidance.
3. Church will be open initially for one service of reflection on Wednesday from 11.15 a.m. The service will commence at 11 30 and last 20-30 minutes. Additional opening time(s) will be published as things evolve.
4. Please follow government guidance on travel.
5. Entrance is via the front door facing Kirk Road. A One-way system will be operated to aid physical distancing. Disabled access is available. Exiting the Church through the side door. Stewards will be there to help with access/exit.
6. Social distance – please remain 2 metres apart.
7. ‘Sit here’ signage placed in pews – showing limitations of seating in pews and maintenance of 2 metres social distance. Maximum capacity – including minister and stewards – is capped at 50 people by the Scottish Government. Stewards will monitor and help with this.
PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THESE SIGNS OR TRY TO SIT IN CLOSED OFF PEWS
8. Those wishing to attend must book a place for each person, giving their name and phone number. This will ensure there is a space for you and assist with "Test and Protect". Details of booking system will be on our website and Facebook page each Wednesday morning to allow booking for the next week. Those without access to a computer are asked to try and get a friend or elder to book them a place or, as a last resort, contact the Minister.
9. Stewards will be positioned at entrance/exit and to help with seating and safety. Please follow their guidance. People will not be able to sit in their ‘usual’ seats but will require to sit where the steward directs them.
10. Everyone is to maintain good hand hygiene practices – apply hand sanitiser on entry to and exit from the church. Supplies will be available at entry and exit doors.
11. Face coverings must be worn when inside the church. If a face covering is not used for medical or other reasons, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when coughing or sneezing.
12. The church premises will be cleaned of all contact areas following each service will be done in line with Health Protection Scotland guidance.
13. To avoid cross-contamination and aid cleaning, Bibles, hymn books and cushions have been removed from the pews. Bring your own Bible (and/or cushion!) if you wish, then take it home.
14. Collection plates will be available at the rear of the Church for envelope collection or cash donations.
These rules are required to meet the conditions of the Scottish Government and Church of Scotland for safe reopening of premises. You are asked to comply to help keep yourself and others safe.